Sailsmith Bags’ medium canvas shoulder bag is The Valley Cove Bag, one of my most popular products. Built to last out of a base of natural #4 cotton canvas duck fabric, with your choice of trim canvas and thread colors. All available colors may be viewed on the custom color options page. Oval double reinforced bottom and wide, 2 3/4″ shoulder strap to distribute heavy loads. An ideal beach or ship-to-shore bag, this is truly a jack of all trades canvas shoulder bag available with many colors and options.
Canvas Shoulder Bag Materials:
- Base fabric is #4 cotton canvas duck.
- Trim is #8 cotton duck on outside and 10.10 oz. army canvas on interior seam bindings, in your choice of colors.
- Thread is a U.V. resistant bonded polyester type, in your choice of colors.
- Zipper top model uses a high quality YKK ™ #10 coil zipper and one or two sliders for durability.
- All seams are double or triple sewn.
- One layer of #4 duck under bottom and around bottom edge in addition to the #8 canvas colored trim.
- Interior seams are covered with army canvas binding to hide and protect fabric edges.
- Most fabric edges are first serged to prevent fraying in addition to army canvas binding.
- Individually serialized with record kept here at Sailsmith Bag.
- Oval bottom is 13″ X 9″
- Bag portion is 13 1/2″ to lowest point.
- Strap is shoulder length.
- Open top model weighs about 2 lbs.
- Zipper top model weighs about 2 lbs., 3 oz.
Why buy a Sailsmith bag instead of a “big brand” bag?
A Sailsmith Bag is produced by one person, me. I fabricate your valley cove canvas shoulder bag from start to finish, ensuring the highest quality available. As I offer a 100 year warranty I am confident in the durability of every Sailsmith Bag that passes out the door into a customers hands. There are no little “errors” glossed over by trim as may happen at a larger bag making facility with workers who are not as concerned about quality. Your bag will only cost a little bit more and you will always know who made your Sailsmith Bag, me, A. Christos Contakos.